For any examination, outstanding results rest in ideal and smart preparation approaches. The same is true for IELTS, which is one of the most popular English proficiency examinations in the world, and passing it would be the first successful step toward realising your dream of studying and settling in another country.
Here are the top IELTS apps:
- The Official Cambridge Guide IELTS Mobile App
- IELTS Prep App by British Council
- IELTS Word Power by British Council
- The Vocab24 Vocabulary Builder App
- IELTS Exam Preparation, Lessons & Study Guide
- IELTS Exam Preparation: Vocabulary Flashcards
- IELTS Full- IELTS COMPLETE PREPARATION
- IELTS Skills
- IELTS Test Pro
- English Radio IELTS/ TOEFL
- BBC Learning English
- Learn English Podcasts
As there is a surplus of materials, IELTS preparations become a piece of cake. Many materials, both paid and free, are available online, and it is easy for a candidate to become terrified in the chaotic flow of information and suffocate as they face a dilemma in deciding which materials or techniques to follow.
IELTS preparation Apps play an important part in streamlining the learning process because they hold all of the necessary information and practise in one spot.
Let’s have a look at some handy and effective Apps that will help you get your desired IELTS score:
1. The Official Cambridge Guide IELTS Mobile App
The Official Cambridge Guide IELTS Mobile App, one of the most beneficial IELTS preparation apps available to students, is provided by The Cambridge University Press in partnership with Cambridge ESOL. It is highly useful when combined with the Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS book. Aspiring students will find this software useful for IELTS preparation because it provides a variety of features.
- Downloadable audio and video files
- Sample skills training material
- Individual skills guide
- Study advice
- Tests with answer keys for practise
- Model responses for writing
Cost – Free
2. IELTS Prep App by British Council
The British Council offers a wide selection of study and preparation options, including the IELTS Prep App, which is a fantastic tool that aspirants can use during their IELTS preparation. The IELTS Prep App includes everything you need to prepare for the IELTS exam. Furthermore, the IELTS Prep App provides limitless access to all important study materials. It features a fantastic UI that makes navigation much easier.
- Grammar exercises exclusively useful for IELTS.
- Exercises in vocabulary for better writing and speaking.
- Quizzes to help you improve your listening, reading, and writing skills.
- Videos on a variety of topics to aid learning.
- Techniques and tips for all exam segments
Cost – Ranges between 76 USD to 293 USD
3. IELTS Word Power by British Council
IELTS Word Power, another British Council IELTS study tool, is a very popular IELTS preparation app. IELTS Word Power is not like other IELTS practise apps accessible in app stores and online. It is solely focused on IELTS vocabulary preparation and assisting students in improving their vocabulary and English skills.
- Vocabulary for a variety of themes is provided separately, making learning easier. Some of the topics include employment and business, air travel, the environment, art and culture, and so forth.
- Your learning progress can be continuously monitored, and modification can be done as needed.
- It also assists you in locating the nearest testing centres.
Cost – Free
4. The Vocab24 Vocabulary Builder App
The Vocab24 Vocabulary Builder App is one of the most popular online English language learning tools. This programme not only assists you in studying for IELTS, but also a variety of other English proficiency tests, and it promotes overall improvement in English language learning.
- Daily editorials from top newspapers, with definitions of each high frequency vocabulary provided separately.
- The requirement to acquire 10 daily vocabulary words utilising specialised memory techniques.
- Daily timed quizzes on diverse topics such as synonyms, antonyms, verbs, and so on.
- A prime section which supports your learning through videos and notes where grammar concepts and various other idiosyncrasies of the English language are taught effectively.
- Separate sections for learning idioms, comprehension and phrasal verbs.
There are over 800 practice tests and vocabulary games to make learning entertaining.
Cost – Premium subscription at 12 USD
5. IELTS Exam Preparation, Lessons & Study Guide
IELTS Exam Preparation, Lessons & Study Guide, provided by one of the major test preparation organisations named Magoosh, should be on the list of every student who aspires to prepare from an IELTS preparation software.
- Regularly updated lessons.
- Tips and practises that will assist a candidate in performing well in their tests.
- There are video lessons for all exam modules, as well as an exclusive grammar library with over 25 videos on fundamental grammar for IELTS.
- A comprehensive study guide that provides you with all of the knowledge you need to work on all four courses.
- There are progress trackers available to assist you in monitoring your performance and planning accordingly.
- Premium 1 month – 109 USD
- Premium 6 months- 129 USD
6. IELTS Exam Preparation: Vocabulary Flashcards
IELTS Exam Preparation: Vocabulary Flashcards, another outstanding IELTS study tool from Magoosh, provides a unique method to prepare students for IELTS. This software employs easy-to-read and understand flashcards to help IELTS candidates enhance their vocabulary. This strategy works well with non-native English speakers.
- A tracker keeps track of the number of words you have learnt and aids in the revising process.
- To facilitate learning, the app splits words into areas such as common words, easy words, medium words, and difficult words.
Cost – Free
7. IELTS Full- IELTS COMPLETE PREPARATION
IELTS Full, another promising and thorough app for IELTS preparation, is a downloadable application for applicants who require assistance with their IELTS study. For each module, detailed study strategies are supplied.
- Separate sections are provided for learning all the four modules.
- The vocabulary support is divided into sets such as health, work, education, food et all which are common topics asked for the IELTS speaking module, especially Part 1 and Part 3 of speaking.
- Small passages on a particular topic are given and vocabulary is taught based on context, which is an excellent method that will retain the meaning of the words you learned.
- Small sections on a certain topic are provided, and vocabulary is taught through context, which is an effective approach for remembering the meaning of the words you learnt.
- There is also an area where you can enter your favourite terms, explain their meaning, and provide an example statement.
Cost – Free
8. IELTS Skills
A well-designed application for IELTS preparation, IELTS Skills focuses and aims to improve all the necessary communication skills required in the IELTS exam so that candidates can achieve a decent band score.
- A 6.5 range band score answers are provided for the speaking modules, the cue card answers would be the most useful among them.
- A surplus of task one and task 2 questions are provided with answer samples.
- Tips and techniques are provided for the listening and reading module too along with a plethora of practise tests.
- Score yourself on the interactive can-do statement section. There is also a part where you can add your favourite terms, explain their meaning, and create an example statement using them. A fun technique to boost your confidence in the learning process.
- Advice and tactics for each module, as well as specific exam tips, are provided.
Cost – Free
9. IELTS Test Pro
IELTS Test Pro is a comprehensive programme for IELTS preparation that provides students with unrestricted access to practise exams and example answers for reference and preparation. This software uses detailed flashcards and practise questions to help you understand the important concepts assessed on the IELTS® Test Pro. The app offers many facilities and encompasses an excellent interface that makes navigating through all the materials in an easy manner.
- feature over 3000 expert-created questions
- a progress tracker containing extensive information about the student’s preparation
- An offline support option that will assist you in keeping your learning process consistent even when you are not connected to the internet.
- A daily review calendar that will help you keep track of your progress.
- Specific sections to learn and practise grammar.
- IELTS Basic- 4.99 USD
- IELTS Premium- 6.99 USD
10. English Radio IELTS/ TOEFL
English Radio IELTS/TOEFL is a specialised programme for offering Speaking and Listening courses for English language competency examinations such as IELTS and TOEFL. This application’s services include a good selection of radios from the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, among others.
- provides a wealth of practice questions for students to hone their Listening and Speaking abilities.
- It is a totally free app.
- The app also includes a community platform where you can meet others learning English from all over the world and engage in real-time conversations.
11. BBC Learning English
When it comes to studying English, the BBC is the finest of the best, and it is the most trusted and credible organisation that provides everything on learning English. It is accessible for both Android and iOS devices. The BBC Learning English website has everything you need to learn
- Detailed study resources for acquiring all of the essential language learning abilities.
- Strategic planning for all new modules.
- Programs are easily found because they are organised into series.
- You will receive regular notifications to remind you to stay consistent with your learning.
- New lessons are updated daily.
Cost : Free
12. Learn English Podcasts
The British Council created this app, which is available on both Android and iOS. This engaging podcast about everyday living will help you improve your listening skills.
- There are 60 episodes and nearly 20 hours of free listening available.
- Listen to the moving audio script and read along with it.
- Episodes can be downloaded for offline viewing.
- A wide range of topics in English.
- Basic membership – 4 USD
- Premium Membership- 10 USD
Apps are a novel and time-saving way to prepare for the IELTS exam. They make learning more enjoyable and are ideal for persons who are tech savvy and do not want to follow the traditional book method. However, keep in mind that the abundance of strategies described should fog and confuse your thoughts. During your preparation, filter the content and always save your own notes.